Friday, January 9, 2015

HAPPY 2015!

It is going to be a great and busy year!  My holidays were fabulous starting back in Nov with a trip to NC to visit the kids.  Even though I came down with a nasty head cold, we were still able to hang out, play games, eat turkey, and just be.  It was fun seeing the kids take over more of the cooking role too.  We were all responsible for some aspect but it wasn't my kitchen:)  There were 5 adults and 4 dogs in a 1000 sq ft apt.....Fun.
 
A friend invited me on a bus trip from her complex to see an ice show.  I was NOT prepared!  I was thinking it would be a room of ice sculptures like you see at a wedding--NOPE!  It was held in the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando where they have a full clipper ship in their atrium-What?  The ice sculptures were done by the same people who carve a full ice city in Beijing every year-Amazing!

Christmas in Tarpon Springs, FL is a sweet night downtown called, "There's Snow Place Like Tarpon Springs".  They have soap 'snow' makers, a lighted boat parade on the bayou, and lots of vendors of all sorts.  Grab a hot chocolate or coffee and wander:)  Of course, while this is all happening, Autumn was just arriving here...see tree.

December brought another trip to NC for Christmas but this time my husband rented a cottage in Asheville.  And, because we like to live adventurously, this time we had 5 adults and 4 dogs in 720 sq. ft....COZY!  Good thing we get along and actually like each other:))))  Again we hung out, toured the town, ate great food, and played games. 
Lar and her Charlie Brown tree on Christmas, Puppies snuggling for warmth, backyard nook.
This was our first NYE that no one was here visiting though and so we went to our local hipster bar to see how the youngin's do it.  For me, the best part of going out is always being in a crowd during the countdown.  The energy is indescribable.
Before heading out to ring in 2015.
While you haven't heard from me, I have been working on the Get Pumped BOM, getting a new Seasonal BOM tested, putting together a class schedule for a local shop, and started putting a Market booth together for Minneapolis in May.
New quilts on Etsy, new puppy addition (daughter's Bowen), what I have been working on.
My Etsy shop had 3 new quilts listed this Fall, (Autumn Geo, Pink Trilliums, and Green/Purple strip quilt--the last two are baby quilts).  My Poinsettia pattern will be a beginner hand applique class at a local shop, Crafty Threads.  Then there is the EPP that I am doing just for me.  And, ALWAYS more shoes:))

I hope you have LOTS you are doing and I would love to see them on my FB page!  Next week join us here for the unveiling of the January Shoe of this year's GET PUMPED BOM.  See you then:)

No comments: